How do I register a compliment for the good service I have received?

If you are pleased with the service you have received from Thornbrook Surgery, you can let us know by telephone, email, using the link on this website or in writing to:

Samantha Todd
Thornbrook Surgery
Thornbrook Road
High Peak
SK23 0RH
Telephone: 01298 812725 and ask to speak to Samantha Todd

We make every effort to give the best service possible to everyone who attends our practice.

However, we are aware that things can go wrong resulting in a patient feeling that they have a genuine cause for complaint. If this is so, we would wish for the matter to be settled as quickly, and as amicably, as possible.

To pursue a complaint please contact the practice manager and she will deal with your concerns appropriately. Further written information is available on the complaints procedure from reception.

In the majority of cases, concerns can be resolved effectively.


If you are dissatisfied with the Outcome.

If you feel that you cannot raise your complaint with us or that you are dissatisfied with our response to your complaint you have the right to approach the Health Service Ombudsman:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

Helpline on 0345 015 4033 and
Email on 

What if I have concerns about a health service from somewhere other than the surgery?

The Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) is there to answer your queries. PALS may be able to resolve your concerns informally or can tell you more about the complaints procedure. PALS can be called on the number below.

How long will it take?

The Complaints Manager will be able to discuss and agree this with you. Our aim is to provide you with a response to your complaint as fast as we can; however, some complaints do take longer to investigate than others.

Patient advice and Liaison Service (PALs) 

If you require information or advice regarding NHS services or you have any issues/concerns regarding commissioned services, for example, patient transport audiology or access to hospital care, please contact us on our freephone number:  0800 032 32 35.

PALs is unable to help resolve issues/concerns or deal with  complaints regarding GP, Dental, Optometry or Pharmacy  service; if you have any issues/concerns or complaints related to these services please contact NHS England on 0300 311 22 33 or email


Is there anybody else I can contact?

You can contact Healthwatch:

Healthwatch Derbyshire Suite 14, Riverside Business Centre Foundry Lane, Milford Derbyshire, DE56 0RN

mail to:

tel: 01773 880786


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website