Welcome to Thornbrook Surgery
Thornbrook Surgery is based at the edge of the Peak District Park in Chapel-en-le-frith, Derbyshire.
We offer a range of NHS services to over 8,000 patients and welcome people to use the on-line services, such as BOOKING APPOINTMENTS and ORDERING PRESCRIPTIONS. All of which can be done 24 hours a day, at your convenience.
In accordance with the NHS contract all patients will be allocated a named GP, who will be responsible for your overall care. You are still free to make an appointment with any GP at the practice.
Please help us to free up more appointments!
We are currently experiencing a high level of patient non-attendance at pre-booked GP appointments, which means that we cannot offer everyone the slots that they need.
How YOU can help us:
- Please cancel your appointment if you cannot attend. These slots can then be allocated to other people in our community.
- If your case is non-urgent, then please consider:
- If you have a small injury - visit the Minor Injuries Unit at Buxton - 01298 214000.
- Contact your local Pharmacy for basic medication and advice.
- Remember you can visit New Mills out of hours clinic, between 6-10pm weekdays, 9am-10pm weekends, or by dialling 111.
- Prescriptions can be ordered on-line 24 hours a day.
- Appointments can be booked on-line 24 hours a day.
Thank you for your patience.
With your help and by actively addressing these issues we can improve our care to you.
The Thornbrook Values
Thornbrook Surgery places patient care as its highest priority.
To promote this aim we have developed the Thornbrook Values.
Our aim is to apply the Thornbrook Values to each action we carry out every day.
Our values are what make us different.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
If you need any interpreting or translation of our service, we will be able to assist through the organisation Pearl Linguistics.
(Site updated 21/07/2016)